GER was founded in Elgoibar in 1942 when three workers from a well-known sewing machine manufacturing company decided to create an independent machining workshop.
The evolution from machining workshop to manufacturer of machine tools was quickly achieved and after a short period as lathe manufacturers the construction of the first cylindrical grinding machine took place in 1952.
From this point on GER’s main activity became the manufacture of cylindrical and plane surface grinders and a strong partnership was established with well-known German manufacturers for whom complete ranges were produced until the 1980s.
Later on GER strengthened its presence in the international market under its own brand name, diversifying its production and creating the current range of more than 160 models.
Today, six decades on, we employ highly qualified and experienced personnel with the necessary technical skills to ensure the efficiency and reliability of each grinding machine produced.